Conducting business in a socially responsible way is engrained in the DNA of Pollen. We believe this a driver for business success and we will continue to strive to make the planet, our environment and our communities a better place than when we began.
PEOPLE & SAFETY
At Pollen, we stimulate our people to reach their full potential. We are a different consulting company with a flat management structure – employees are empowered to be entrepreneurial and to be accountable to each other.
What we have achieved:
- All employees have 15 days a year set aside for personal development – separate to annual leave or personal leave.
- All employees go through safety inductions and vaccinations to enable them to work safely in our client environments and to protect each other.
- Bi-weekly we share and support employee learnings through our “Pollenation” meeting.
- Employee are going through the Pollen Academy – through which all employees receive training on relevant topics and/or specific projects.
- Created an internal knowledge centre for sharing of work across projects and topics
PEOPLE & DIVERSITY
At Pollen, we foster an inclusive culture driven by the diversity of our employees.
We have demonstrated this through:
- Our team being truly international – we have employees from 10 different countries.
- We attend monthly social activities outside of work hours to promote inclusion and teamwork.
- We have a flat management structure which stimulates collaboration and contribution from the whole team.
- We are open and transparent with all employees – employees have access to all company information.
- We established a ‘buddy’ program for new employees for both project work and personal support.
- We use internal social networking through WhatsApp and LinkedIn
RECYCLING & THE ENVIRONMENT
Pollen is proud to have achieved a carbon negative footprint.
We have achieved this through:
- Planting 1700 trees across Australia
- Selecting renewable energy sources for electricity
- Active recycling in our office – every employee has their own Pollen “Keep-Cup” which is not only used in the office but also whilst travelling at client sites.
- Being a paperless office – there are no printers at Pollen limiting the use of paper
- Limiting e-waste by limiting the number of computer screens/monitors in our office.
WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY
Pollen values giving back to the community. We have achieved this through:
- Sponsoring Australia’s leading food rescue charity “Oz Harvest”. They collect quality surplus food, distribute it to people in need and divert food waste from landfill.
- The planting of 1700 new trees via the “Fifteen Trees” organisation that plants trees in various areas to promote land re-generation, sustainable native forests, bushlands and grasslands, as well as productive land for crops and stock.
- Collaborating on a pro-bono basis with the Bread & Butter company. They specialize in educating refugees from across the world in the crafts of becoming skilled bakers.
- Pollen employees are are frequently volunteering with community-based initiatives such as The Rural Fire Service and Surf Lifesaving Australia
Download Pollen Corporate Social Responsibility Report